Saturday, August 15, 2015

3 Essential Back to School Items For Music Teachers

Welcome back teachers! It's that time of year when we all start thinking about our list of things to do for the beginning of the school year. I thought it would be nice to share a few ideas to help out with your back to school challenges. Here are 3 essential back to school items for your classroom that I'd like to share. Bulletin Boards: here is a super easy Cake Themed Bulletin Board that can be put together very quickly. This eye-catching bulletin board reinforces rhythm reading with your class. If you want to use this bulletin board kit in your classroom you can find it at my Tpt Store by clicking here.
Scarves: there are so many fun things you can do with colorful scarves but they are quite costly. Here is how I got 26 extra-large scarves for less than $20 dollars.
I bought 13 yards of cloth (called tulle/ material to make ballerina tutus) at JoAnne Fabrics. I had the store cut the fabric into 1 yard sections which saved me so much time. The cloth is extra wide, so after I got home, I cut the fabrics in half(width). I ended up with 26 scarves. Not bad for spending less than $20 dollars. Music Games: as a teacher, I'm all about making learning fun for my students. My student's favorite ways to learn music is by playing music games, singing games or learning through movement activities. If you want to supercharge your class while teaching musical concepts, you can check out these super fun games for your class at my TpT store by clicking on these games: Crazy Ball Swatt Game Wipe Out.
I'd love to hear from you, so please take just a moment to leave a friendly comment below. Thank You! Sherry Stucki Want more fun activities and ideas for your music class? be sure to Sign-up by email on my side bar to claim a monthly freebie, teacher tips & tricks. I would love to hear thoughts you might have in the comments below. Sherry :) Check out some of my favorite games and activities! You can contact me via email: sherrystucki@aim.com


No comments: